RCN Holiday Parks has drawn up a voucher scheme in consultation with other members of HISWA-RECRON, the association for water sport and recreation businesses. The scheme is being introduced because of the cancellations arising out of the unavoidable and exceptional circumstances caused by the corona crisis. The voucher was issued to anyone who canceled their holiday in the period from March 13 to July 1, 2020 and is for a stay at RCN for the same amount at another time in the future. The voucher scheme has been established in collaboration with the Netherlands Authority for Consumers & Markets [Autoriteit Consument en Markt or ACM] and the Ministry of Economic Affairs & Climate Policy. The recreation voucher allows you to book a new stay at RCN with an arrival date no later than 30th September 2021. The new stay must, however, be booked within 12 months of the date of arrival of the initial booking.
Amended cancellation terms & conditions
RCN Holiday Parcs
As a consequence of the exceptional and unforeseen circumstances arising from the transmission of the corona virus, RCN Holiday Parks has amended, as of 13th March 2020, the terms & conditions of cancellation as applicable to the contract. The reasonableness and fairness that play an important role in the fulfilment of contracts demand, in these exceptional and unforeseen circumstances, appropriate and reasonable solutions for the challenges with which RCN is being confronted.
From March 13 to July 1 2020 a cancellation cannot lead to the reduction in the agreed price of the booked stay nor to repayment of what the guest has already paid to RCN, as a deposit, advance or otherwise. RCN Holiday Parks has developed a recreation voucher for all cancellations from 13th March 2020, which represents a value with which a new stay at RCN can be booked.
RCN is very aware that a voucher scheme is not a superfluous luxury, but a delaying measure (carry over) demanded by the current extreme situation involving severe and far-reaching measures by the government. RCN's intention is, on the one hand, to provide peace of mind and certainty - if you have booked a stay, the voucher is an assurance that the booking will take place either later this year or the next - and on the other hand, it helps RCN to deal with the situation and survive.
Recreation voucher terms & conditions
The following terms & conditions apply:
- The recreation voucher is applicable to cancellations made or requested from 13th March to 1st July 2020 on bookings made directly with RCN or via bungalowspecials.nl, bungalows.nl or ANWBcamping.nl.
- The recreation voucher is valid for 12 months after the originally booked date of arrival. This means that the guest must book the new stay within 12 months of the original arrival date. The new stay must take place no later than 30th September 2021.
- The recreation voucher is only valid for bookings made directly with RCN Holiday Parks. The voucher can be used for any RCN park either in the Netherlands or France.
- The value of the recreation voucher is equal to the value of the amount already paid by the guest and received by RCN, including any deposit or additional items booked, but does not represent the right to the same or comparable conditions as the original booking.
- If the cost of the new booking is higher than the value of the recreation-voucher, the guest pays the difference, in which case, RCN's normal payment terms are applicable. If the cost of the new booking is lower than the value of the recreation-voucher, a new recreation voucher will be issued for the difference or the original voucher will be amended. Any difference will in any case not be repaid.
- If, at the end of the period of validity referred to in article 2, there is still a value or balance on the original or new recreation voucher, this value or balance will be repaid into your bank account by RCN (after deduction of the cancellation costs).
- Any residual value of the voucher after the expiration of the vality period will be visible in the My RCN area of your account and will be transferred to your bank account by RCN at your request. Please note that if the voucher is not used or not fully used, the cancellation costs will be deducted from the amount if the stay at the RCN park was possible, but you did not want to stay for another reason.
- The recreation voucher is non-transferable and cannot be used as a means of payment during a stay at an RCN park.
- The recreation voucher is not valid for permanent pitches or for stays on Villapark Sneekermeer and the luxury water houses on the RCN Potten.
- If the voucher is requested and used within the validity period, no cancellation fee will be charged.
Frequently asked questions
About the COVID-19
For how long is the recreation voucher valid?
The recreation voucher is valid until 30th September 2021. The new holiday must be booked within 12 months of the original arrival date, however. This date is clearly stated on the voucher.
Can I use the recreation voucher for more than one booking?
The recreation voucher is worth the amount that has already been paid for a stay. You can therefore use it for several bookings.
Can I use the remaining value of the recreation voucher in RCN's restaurants, brasseries and bars?
No, that is not possible. The voucher can only be used for booking a holiday.
Can I use my recreation voucher for a holiday at another RCN park?
You can. You can use the recreation voucher for every RCN park in the Netherlands and in France.
I have booked several stays in your park later this year. Can I use the voucher to pay for these bookings?
Yes, you can.
Can I give my voucher to someone else?
No, that is not possible. The voucher must be used for the same guest number for which it was issued. It is, however, possible to make a booking with your guest number for a relative or acquaintance. Payment and liability remains with the original booker, however.
I have requested a recreation voucher but I haven't received it yet and I want to make a reservation now before everything is booked up.
You can still make that booking. Get in touch with us by telephone (+31 (0)85 0400 700 or mail email@example.com).
I have received a recreation voucher, but I have changed my mind. I still want to go to the park after all.
This is no longer possible, unfortunately. We have already cancelled your booking in our system. You can, however, rebook your stay.
I don't want a voucher, I want my money back.
This is currently not possible. The introduction of a voucher scheme is not something that has been done lightly, but a decision demanded by the current extreme situation involving severe and far-reaching measures by the government. The voucher scheme has been established in collaboration with the Netherlands Authority for Consumers & Markets [Autoriteit Consument en Markt or ACM] and the Ministry of Economic Affairs & Climate Policy.
If I cancel a booking I've paid for with a recreation voucher, will I get my money back or a new voucher?
If you have paid for a new booking with a recreation voucher, you will receive a new voucher on cancellation. It will be for the same amount as the original voucher less the cancellation costs applicable at that time.
How has this been organised elsewhere in the recreation industry?
All recreation companies in the Netherlands that are members of HISWA-RECRON, the association for the water sport and recreation industry, have amended their applicable terms and conditions of cancellation in the light of the exceptional and unforeseen circumstances. The scheme has been established in consultation with the Netherlands Authority for Consumers & Markets [Autoriteit Consument en Markt or ACM] and the Ministry of