Are you a talented chef who knows how to keep things running smoothly in the kitchen? You're the one who motivates your team during busy times, making sure we serve up delicious dishes. We want someone just like you to be our kitchen chef.
What you will be doing
When you are in the kitchen, everything clicks like clockwork. During the low season you’ll primarily handle tasks on your own, while in the busier high season, you’ll be part of a team of kitchen colleagues. You know how to motivate your colleagues, especially when it gets busy, so we can serve up amazing meals together. You'll handle the prep work (mise en place) and make sure we follow the HACCP rules. You've got a real love for food, and you'll whip up all sorts of treats – from cold bites to hot dishes and desserts.
Our menu is based on the RCN standards, but you'll also get to be creative and use local ingredients. We've got guidelines and a cookbook from RCN to help you out. And guess what? We regularly even have themed nights that you can dive into.
You're great at keeping things organized, even when things get crazy during peak times. Your skill for managing everything and keeping the kitchen peaceful is awesome. If you're ready to show off your cooking skills and combine independent work and leadership in the kitchen, we're excited to have you join us!
Who we are
Located in between the Ardèche river and the 17th-century castle of Château de Sampzon is the lively park RCN la Bastide en Ardèche. From your tent or caravan you can hear the chorus of crickets against the background burbling of the river. The park has a wonderful atmosphere. Everyone gets to know everyone else and it turns into one big family. The park is surrounded by hidden caves, rocky outcrops, rivers, castles and quaint villages. You can canoe your way to the world-renowned Pont d’Arc.
What we are looking for
- You are at least 20 years old;
- You have a relevant degree or several years of work experience;
- You speak English (knowledge of French or Dutch is not a must, but a plus);
- You are available for at least six weeks in July and August.
What we offer
Working as a kitchen chef at RCN is good for:
- Your wallet. Your working conditions are in accordance with the French collective labour agreement for camp sites, called HPA (Hôtellerie de Plein Air). Your salary will be determined according to your knowledge and experience;
- Independence. You can stay at the park with your colleagues if the commuting distance is too great. This also means easy social contact on days off and after working hours;
- Your development. You will be well supervised and can gain or share professional expertise with us. Working in an international team is also great for your language development!
- Employee discounts and activities. Such as drinks, joint activities and discounts on restaurants on site;
- Nice colleagues. Yes, really! You make international friends;
- Another. RCN uses its profit distribution for people who need help. Your work contributes to this as well.
In short: working abroad is an experience to remember!
Will we hear from you soon?
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
RCN la Bastide en Ardèche
Camping in Ruoms | Ardèche
The exciting surroundings of la Bastide en Ardèche are just begging to be explored by bicycle, canoe or canyon expedition. The camping site itself offers lots of extras to make your holiday complete.