"As a lifeguard, you get a lot of responsibility, while at the same time working in a nice holiday atmosphere. For me, the ideal holiday job!" (Shannon, lifeguard at RCN Holiday Parks)
What you will be doing
Swimming is one of our guests' favorite activities, and as a lifeguard, you will play a crucial role in ensuring their safety and enjoyment in the pool. From enforcing pool rules to engaging in friendly conversations, you will make a positive impact on our guests' holiday experience. You immediately come into action when necessary and perform water rescues or provide first aid. You inspect and maintain safety equipment and keep accurate logbooks of activities and incidents. Of course, you and your colleagues take care of cleaning and tidying up the pool and grounds. This way, guests have a great holiday experience!
Together with the other departments, you make one team. Working at a holiday park requires flexibility. Besides your regular tasks, you also help out in another department when necessary. That way, you discover a lot about the park and can help the guests even better.
Who we are
Located in between the Ardèche river and the 17th-century castle of Château de Sampzon is the lively park RCN la Bastide en Ardèche. From your tent or caravan you can hear the chorus of crickets against the background burbling of the river. The park has a wonderful atmosphere. Everyone gets to know everyone else and it turns into one big family. The park is surrounded by hidden caves, rocky outcrops, rivers, castles and quaint villages. You can canoe your way to the world-renowned Pont d’Arc.
What we are looking for
- You are at least 18 years old;
- You have experience as a lifeguard or with rescue swimming or want to gain this experience at RCN;
- You have a first aid certificate or are willing to obtain one through RCN;
- You speak English (knowledge of French or Dutch is not a must, but a plus);
- You are available for at least 6 weeks in July and August.
- are the holder of a certificate in first aid /emergency safety at work
- can provide a recent Certificate of Conduct
- are available for a minimum of 6 weeks in July and August
What we offer
Working as a lifeguard at RCN is good for:
- Your wallet. Your working conditions are in accordance with the French collective labour agreement for camp sites, called HPA (Hôtellerie de Plein Air). Your salary is from €1772 per month, depending on your knowledge and experience (based on 35 hours per week);
- Independence. You can stay at the park with your colleagues if the commuting distance is too great. This also means easy social contact on days off and after working hours;
- Your development. You will be well supervised and can gain or share professional expertise with us. Working in an international team is also great for your language development!
- Employee discounts and activities. Such as drinks, joint activities and discounts on restaurants on site;
- Nice colleagues. Yes, really! You make international friends;
- Another. RCN uses its profit distribution for people who need help. Your work contributes to this as well.
In short: working abroad is an experience to remember!
Join our team of water heroes and contribute to our guests’ amazing holiday memories! Will we hear from you soon?
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
RCN la Bastide en Ardèche
Camping in Ruoms | Ardèche
The exciting surroundings of la Bastide en Ardèche are just begging to be explored by bicycle, canoe or canyon expedition. The camping site itself offers lots of extras to make your holiday complete.