Maintenance and Gardening manager
Welcome to a dynamic role where technical expertise meets the serenity of green landscapes. As our Maintenance and Gardening Manager, you'll lead a dedicated team to ensure the seamless operation of our facilities, offering guests an unforgettable holiday experience.
What you will be doing
Your responsibilities cover a spectrum of tasks—from implementing technical maintenance plans and overseeing forest management to swiftly resolving emergencies and managing the upkeep of our facilities, including the vital aspects of swimming pool maintenance and safety. You'll also play a crucial role in personnel matters, schedule coordination, and team discussions.
Beyond the nuts and bolts, your hands-on approach extends to the meticulous care of buildings and rental accommodations. Whether it's fixing a faulty light or addressing restroom issues, you're the reliable problem solver. With your green thumb, you'll shape landscapes, trim bushes, and oversee essential tasks like monitoring pool water quality. You advise the park manager and colleagues on technical and green issues, are involved in renovations and/or new construction plans and maintain contact with suppliers. Guests can always come to you with questions. Working collaboratively with your team, you'll contribute to crafting an atmosphere that transforms a holiday into a cherished memory for our guests.
Who we are
Located in between the Ardèche river and the 17th-century castle of Château de Sampzon is the lively park RCN la Bastide en Ardèche. From your tent or caravan you can hear the chorus of crickets against the background burbling of the river. The park has a wonderful atmosphere. Everyone gets to know everyone else and it turns into one big family. The park is surrounded by hidden caves, rocky outcrops, rivers, castles and quaint villages. You can canoe your way to the world-renowned Pont d’Arc.
What we are looking for
- You are at least 24 years old;
- You have followed a relevant education or have work experience in a similar position;
- You have experience in managing a small team;
- You speak English and French;
- You are available for the whole season (exact period to be discussed).
What we offer
Working at RCN is good for:
- Your wallet. Your working conditions are in accordance with the French collective labour agreement for camp sites, called HPA (Hôtellerie de Plein Air). Your salary depends on your knowledge and experience;
- Independence. You can stay at the park with your colleagues if the commuting distance is too great. This also means easy social contact on days off and after working hours;
- Your development. You will be well supervised and can gain or share professional expertise with us. Working in an international team is also great for your language development!
- Employee discounts and activities. Such as drinks, joint activities and discounts on restaurants on site;
- Nice colleagues. Yes, really! You make international friends;
- Another. RCN uses its profit distribution for people who need help. Your work contributes to this as well.
In short: working abroad is an experience to remember!
Will we hear from you soon?
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
RCN la Bastide en Ardèche
Camping in Ruoms | Ardèche
The exciting surroundings of la Bastide en Ardèche are just begging to be explored by bicycle, canoe or canyon expedition. The camping site itself offers lots of extras to make your holiday complete.