Maintenance & Gardening internship
"During an internship in maintenance & gardening at RCN, you learn a lot and no day is the same. I actually really liked the combination between technical service and landscaping, but if you prefer to focus on one of these areas during your internship, this is often possible too." (Patrick, maintenance & gardening intern at RCN Holiday Parks)
What you will be doing
During this internship, you will learn everything you need to know about the maintenance and operation of our buildings, accommodations and grounds. You'll handle maintenance tasks, including working on electrical and water systems, pipes, and various on-site projects.
From changing a broken lamp to resolving any restroom issues, you're the go-to person for quick fixes. Beyond that, you're the hands behind trimming the bushes, maintaining landscapes, and overseeing essential upkeep tasks, such as monitoring pool water quality. This means you will spend a lot of time outdoors, surrounded by beautiful nature. Together with your teammates, your collective efforts create the perfect setting for our guests to have an unforgettable holiday.
And of course, the most important thing during your internship is that you learn what you need to learn and that you contribute to a wonderful, pleasant experience for our guests!
Who we are
Located in between the Ardèche river and the 17th-century castle of Château de Sampzon is the lively park RCN la Bastide en Ardèche. From your tent or caravan you can hear the chorus of crickets against the background burbling of the river. The park has a wonderful atmosphere. Everyone gets to know everyone else and it turns into one big family. The park is surrounded by hidden caves, rocky outcrops, rivers, castles and quaint villages. You can canoe your way to the world-renowned Pont d’Arc.
What we are looking for
- You are at least 18 years old;
- Experience is a plus, but not a must. Passion and energy go a long way;
- You pursue a relevant education, for example in a technical field or landscaping;
- You speak English (knowledge of Dutch or French is not a requirement, but an advantage);
- Your internship period will be around the summer holidays.
What we offer
An internship at RCN is good for:
- Your wallet. Is your internship for longer than two months? Then you will receive an internship allowance of €590 per month. An internship allowance is also available for shorter internships.
- Flexible hours. Start, duration and hours are negotiable, depending on your educational requirements;
- Independence. You can stay at the park with your colleagues if the commuting distance is too great. This also means easy social contact on days off and after working hours;
- Your development. You will be well supervised and can gain or share professional expertise with us. Working in an international team is also great for your language development!
- Employee discounts and activities. Such as drinks, joint activities and discounts on restaurants on site;
- Nice colleagues. Yes, really! You make international friends;
- Another. RCN uses its profit distribution for people who need help. Your work contributes to this as well.
In short: an internship abroad is an experience to remember!
Will we hear from you soon?
Do you have questions about this vacancy?
RCN la Bastide en Ardèche
Camping in Ruoms | Ardèche
The exciting surroundings of la Bastide en Ardèche are just begging to be explored by bicycle, canoe or canyon expedition. The camping site itself offers lots of extras to make your holiday complete.