An unforgettable holiday naturally calls for great eating. As an independently working chef you will use your culinary talent to give our guests an unforgettable evening in our comfortable restaurant.
What you will be doing
You will be responsible for the mise en place. Together with the kitchen and server employees, you will provide our guests with fantastic and beautifully prepared dishes. You will be doing this partly based on a fixed RCN menu but there will be room for creativity as well and opportunities to use local produce. RCN guidelines and a fixed RCN recipe book will support you in this. There may also be weekly themed evenings. You will ensure that the kitchen is always clean as per HACCP regulations and that RCN retains its Food Safety quality mark.
Who we are
RCN Port l’Epine is located on a tiny spit of land on the Breton coast by the Atlantic Ocean. This small-scale park with a personal atmosphere is truly an oasis by the sea. Not for nothing is this holiday park in a list of the 50 prettiest parks in France! Unique views and ideal for hiking, water sports and enjoying the beach. The rich cultural heritage of this region also merits discovery.
What we are looking for
A lot! But that’s what makes it so challenging and instructive. Working in a holiday park demands flexibility and hard work. Needless to say, you understand that this job will entail working at weekends and on public holidays, all during the holiday season.
- are at least 24 years old
- are stress-resistant and quality-oriented
- able to manage a small kitchen team and server operation
- are presentable and hospitable
- have a passion for cooking
- are familiar with HACCP regulations
- have an eye for detail
- have a relevant diploma, or several years work experience (requirement)
- knowledge of French, Dutch and/or German is not essential but is a nice-to-have
- preferably in possession of a certificate in first aid /emergency safety at work
- can provide a recent Certificate of Conduct
- are available for a minimum of 6 weeks in July and August
What we offer
Working in a holiday atmosphere for a growing organisation! A job full of variety at a fantastic location. We will give you a lot of autonomy and self-responsibility. As an employee with us you’ll have lots of space for new ideas and excellent growth opportunities for self-development. You’ll be in the countryside, meeting lots of pleasant visitors as part of a tight team of pleasant colleagues at one of France’s most enjoyable holiday parks. Accommodation at the park is possible but not mandatory. If you stay in the park, you will be charged a small contribution. You will be working under a French contract. The French working conditions for campsites (Collective Labour Agreement known as HPA=Hôtellerie de Plein Air) will apply.